Ropebat Answers Your Most Burning Questions About Getting A “Nike Swoosh” Barrel Path
(If you have a legit “down swinger”, then this Ropebat post will benefit them!)
Here's what I have for you…
I was recently working on smoothing out the barrel path of one of my 15 year old local hitters Liam…
He had what I've heard called a Verizon check mark barrel path BEFORE. We worked on smoothing out the check mark into more of a curved Nike Swoosh barrel path.
What's amazing about Liam's transformation was that:
- It only took ten days,
- It took two total 30-minute sessions (beginning of session three was when the AFTER video was taken), and
- Liam only had access to the Ropebat during our sessions. After session number-three, his mom went ahead and purchased one for home use.*
*Results aren't typical. Liam has a primary “feel” learning style, so the Ropebat worked well for him – and not to mention quickly with minimal use.
In the above video, we go over:
- Question a High School coach had for me at 2017 ABCA conference about changing barrel path,
- The Verizon check mark versus Nike Swoosh barrel path, and
- The RopeBat cues I use in conjunction with the “feel” of the Ropebat.
CLICK HERE for the original full Ropebat post I did awhile back that shows the swing drill we used. Or you can get it at our store here. The Ropebat is my favorite hitting aid for helping hitters learn a solid middle away and middle down barrel path. Great for hitting line drives to the opposite field!