New Hitting Model – This Is The Future Of Teaching A Swing…
The objective of this presentation was to give a technical speech to a non-technical audience.
Sorry, the video and audio aren’t the best, but I think you’ll get the overall message.
Also, I’ve provided the powerpoint slides I used for this presentation (CLICK HERE to download from Google Drive).
You may find it quite helpful to follow along with the slides during the presentation. PLEASE NOTE: in each section, I do skip to the images in that section to help illustrate a point.
We discussed the following:
- Move better, perform better,
- Use movement tests,
- Match the Pitch-Plane with Geometry, and
- Knock snot out of the ball with Springy Fascia.
Below is the basic outline of the speech…
Move Better, Perform Better
- ‘Governor’ truck engine story
- Repetitive movements/position shape your body
- “You can’t fire a cannon from a canoe” Mobilize & Stabilize
Use Movement Tests
- Following “rules” to human movement – GRF, FoMo, Ang Mom, Centrip/Centrif, springy forces
- Gorilla Grip
- One-Joint Rule
Match Pitch-Plane with Geometry
- Define Pitch-Plane
- Importance of Back Leg Angle
- Attack Angle + Ball Exit Speed
Knock Snot Out of Ball with Springy Fascia
- Define springy fascia – tension/compression forces
- Seen the biggest jumps in average Bat Speed with spinal engine experiments
- Showing numbers – 6-mph
- Downhill shoulder angle – 4-mph
- Finger Pressure – 3-mph
- Hunched Posture – +4 Attack Angle