Learn how to avoid fear of getting hit by the baseball or softball thrown at you while batting. Discover simple drills that teach how to overcome phobia and scared kids at the plate.
Baseball Batting Tricks: Putting Fear in the Corner
This baseball batting tricks “Hit-Bit”, or hitting tid-bit, is an answer to questions from my readers when I asked them, “If you could have a private conversation with me, what two questions would you ask?” The answers are meant to be short, actionable, and tips you can use today.
Today’s Hit-Bit answers the reader question:
“How do you remove fear out of a “scared” hitter? Peer vs Peer What exercises do you use in off a tee?”
We go over:
- Fear will always be there,
- Get comfortable with baby steps, and
- Drills for getting comfortable in the box…
Fear will Always be There
fear is always there, or else we’d all just walk in front of oncoming trains. We have to shrink fear down, and push it to the corner where it belongs.
Improve your hitting strategy dramatically by applying human movement principles.
Learn not only how and what to train but also the science behind the methods.
Get Comfortable with Baby Steps
In order to do this, we have to equip hitters on how to deal with a particular “fear of”, that’s getting in the way of success.
Drills for Getting Comfortable in the Box
We’ll talk about baseball batting tricks and strategies young hitters should be practicing, then we’ll go into how to practice it in a safe environment. And most importantly, we’ll build the hitter’s self confidence by tweaking the practice to apply “the move” in a real game situation.
Make sure when the hitter practices “turning away” ONLY, they don’t take a shortcut by NOT striding (like me in the video). FYI, future Hit-Bit videos will between two to three minutes long.
CLICK HERE to enter for your chance to Win free online access to The Truth About Explosive Rotational Power course (a $77 value). The offer ends Friday, September 25th, at 5:00pm Pacific Standard Time. Sharing your unique Giveaway link on social media will help your chances of winning.
(SORRY, this giveaway has closed. Congrats to the WINNER: Brent Bingham)
- How To Stop AND Fix Missing Under Ball, Hitting Popups, & Late Batting Timing For Baseball And Fast-pitch Softball | Swing Bat Faster, For Power, & Hit More Line Drives - July 1, 2022
- Albert Pujols Talking How To Teach Swing Drills Off Tee, Place Hitting Outside Pitches To Opposite Field Vs Pull, And Keep Hands Inside Out For Baseball, Slow-pitch, & Fast-pitch Softball - July 1, 2022
- How To Hit Slow Pitching, Improve Batting Timing Rhythm Mechanism, & STOP Swinging Early For Beginner Baseball And Softball | Drills & Tips For Better Hitting - July 1, 2022