“Hitter Does NOT Keep Head In During Swing & Pulling Their Head Out Before Contact Is Even Made”
That’s a comment someone made about one of their biggest frustrations with hitting right now. The above video will fix it! A BIG thank you to Coach Matt Nokes for this!
The following is the bullet point outline to the above video…ENJOY!
Swinging Across Face Drill
In this drill video, we discuss:
- Define Swinging Across Face v. Chasing Face,
- Where eyes go, head follows, and where head goes, body follows,
- Process v. Performance,
- Over-swinging and control, and
- Beginner – Dry and tee swings
- Intermediate – Soft toss and LIVE swings
- Advanced – LIVE swings, 2-plate, random pitch
I’ve spent 11+ years in the corrective fitness industry, and have too many alphabet-soup certifications to bore you with.I also played four years of Division One baseball at Fresno State from 2000-2003.
It’s NOT how you study, but what you study that counts.I apply human movement principles (or rules), validated by science, to hitting a baseball and softball.
Latest posts by Joey Myers (see all)
- Overload Bat Training: Hitter Has To Work Butt Off To Resist “Casting” - March 29, 2019
- 5,000 Swing Experiments Validate Locked Out Lead Arm Is Superior To Bent - March 19, 2019
- Teach: How To STOP Hitting Excess Of Ground-balls & Fly-balls - March 14, 2019