What Everybody Ought to Know About Softball Batting Drills for Power…
This softball batting drills for power “Hit-Bit”, or hitting tid-bit, is an answer to questions from my readers when I asked them, “If you could have a private conversation with me, what two questions would you ask?” The answers are meant to be short, actionable, and tips you can use today.
Today’s Hit-Bit answers the reader questions:
“How much can your shoulders turn on the load? Do you transfer all your weight to the front leg at sometime during the forward swing?”
We’ll talk about:
- The shoulder load & the “back eye” test,
- Weight transfer & the ‘Float’, and
- Weight transfer & the ‘Free-Fall’…
The Shoulder Load & “Back Eye” Test
I often relate the Goldilocks Golden Rule with my hitters. Some movements we can do too much. Some not at all. We want to practice softball batting drills for power, such as loading the torso, “just right”. And to make sure our hitters do this, in the video, I demonstrate the “back eye” test.
Weight Transfer & The ‘Float’
The “Float”, or as some call it a “negative move”, is a movement back towards the catcher before shifting the hitter’s body weight forward during the stride. It’s a timing mechanism. Hitter’s use different kinds of Floats: High, Medium, and Low Leg Kicks & Toe Taps. See link below for different examples of this…
Weight Transfer & the ‘Free-Fall’
For the definitive guide to the Free-Fall, or Forward Momentum, Click the following HPL post link: “Baseball Batting Techniques: Simple Way To Use Forward Momentum That Works For Elite Hitters“.
Please comment below with any questions or comments about this video post…
- How To Increase Hitting Power: Bat Speed And Exit Velocity Exercise Formula For Baseball, Softball, & Slow Pitch Drills | What Is Good Off Tee By Age & Average High School Program - August 8, 2022
- Fernando Tatis Jr. Swing Breakdown: How To Use Legs In Lower Half, Stride, Hip Rotation, And Arm Bar For Baseball & Softball Hitting - August 8, 2022
- Increase Youth Baseball Hitting Power Teach | How To Hit Fastpitch Or Slowpitch Softball Better, Farther, & In Certain Direction | Homerun Batting Tips! - August 8, 2022