In This Baseball Hitting Mechanics Video,
- “How to make your everyday stance your fight stance, and your fight stance your everyday stance” – Musashi, a famous Japanese Samurai swordsman
- The Snapping Towel Effect: getting the body moving,
- The Snapping Towel Effect: the snap back, and
- How Zack can improve…
CLICK HERE for an MLB case study YouTube video I did on David Ortiz looking into how Big Papi used the same Snapping Towel Metaphor in the 2013 Playoffs.
I’ll be doing a lot of baseball hitting mechanics video case studies of my own hitting students. Some where I do before and afters of their own swing. And other times, comparing their swing to a small-bopper I think is relevant to them. I think these case studies help coaches and instructors eliminate the excuse of how young hitters can’t develop high level mechanics.
The main objective of the Hitting Performance Lab is to show we’re not arguing about linear versus rotational mechanics. It’s that we’re discussing human movement. It doesn’t matter whether you’re male or female. Young or mature. Baseball or softball. We’re talking about how the human body is designed to efficiently move.
I’ve spent 11+ years in the corrective fitness industry, and have too many alphabet-soup certifications to bore you with.I also played four years of Division One baseball at Fresno State from 2000-2003.
It’s NOT how you study, but what you study that counts.I apply human movement principles (or rules), validated by science, to hitting a baseball and softball.
Latest posts by Joey Myers (see all)
- Overload Bat Training: Hitter Has To Work Butt Off To Resist “Casting” - March 29, 2019
- 5,000 Swing Experiments Validate Locked Out Lead Arm Is Superior To Bent - March 19, 2019
- Teach: How To STOP Hitting Excess Of Ground-balls & Fly-balls - March 14, 2019