In This Baseball Hitting Tips Video,
- To use the body – not the hands – to get “on-plane” with the pitch,
- Barry Bonds makes hitting the long ball look easy, and
- Most young hitters get the #1 long ball secret wrong (and how to correct it).
A few weeks ago I worked with a 12-U Little League team from Bakersfield California called the Sliders. They recently came to Fresno for a tournament and DOMINATED.
One of the moms Sheri – her son is Alex in the above video – emailed me a testimonial:
“The boys won first place! Ben, Paul and Dylan hit their first home runs ever! They went undefeated for entire tourney! We’re going to round table pizza to treat all the boys!”
The three young men who hit their first home-runs had worked with me for the first time, a week before the tournament. Now, this wasn’t all me, but wasn’t a coincidence either. Before I worked with them, all three boys naturally had a little forward momentum working for them. And, Sliders Coach Justin Karr has been working the baseball hitting tips system with his team for over a year now.
In the baseball hitting tips video, Barry Bonds gets on plane with the pitch very well by lowering his body. He does this by creating an “L” with his back leg to and through contact. Whereas the moment Alex’s front heel hits the ground, he ‘stands up’ causing ball flight to be low. Alex would have to get “on-plane” with his hands, which is very inconsistent.
Snapping Towel (Lean) Drill Setup:
- NEED: light exercise band with handles, AND decent sized carabiner,
- Loop exercise band handles to carabiner, then to chain link fence, OR
- Parent/Coach holds exercise band handles, and finally
- Have hitter loop band under armpits.
In the baseball hitting tips video above, I mentioned breaking the swing apart into two steps:
- To the Fight Position (landing), and
- The Final Turn.
You’ll see Olympic Hammer Throwers lower their backside as well. This enables the release of the hammer at an optimal forty-five degree angle. CLICK HERE to watch a World Record holding Hammer Thrower lower his backside while rotating.
- Softball Hitting Lessons: Surfer’s Code? [VIDEO] - April 28, 2021
- Baseball Hitting Fundamentals Gold [VIDEO] - April 21, 2021
- Bat Tee Co-Founder: How To Make Adjustments [VIDEO] - April 8, 2021