“What Do You Mean by You Can’t ‘Try’ To Hit?” – Joe Yurko Interview on the Baseball Mental Game
In this baseball mental game interview with Coach Joe Yurko, we go over a little sports psychology. One of my favorite subjects when it comes to hitting a ball!! Interestingly, I published this interview on our Swing Smarter Hitting Training Podcast, and of the 44 total podcast episodes, my interview with Joe Yurko is the most popular, taking 14% of total downloads!
Here are some of the baseball mental game topics we discussed:
- Teacher-coach, what you were teaching, the psychology side, give everybody a little bit of a background…
- Joe Yurko’s 10 Rules for Sports Psychology Success…
- What do you mean by you can’t ‘try’ to hit?
- “The better you are at what you do, the more you can forget it; the more you forget it, the better you do it.” – Lawrence Shainberg
- How did you get out of your head and just react when you play?
- The ‘Pattern Interrupt’…
- “The mind’s a great thing as long as you don’t have to use it.” – Tim McCarver
- Joe, where can people find you?
Joe has been a follower of mine for some time, and what I like about him is he is as obsessed about how sports psychology applies to baseball as I am with mechanics. He taught sports psychology in school and coached baseball for many decades. I feel he’s formulated and used a system with his past team players and with his current players, as an instructor, I feel the information would be useful to parents, coaches, and instructors out there.
CLICK HERE if you want a copy of the Joe Yurko baseball mental game interview transcript in pdf format, then you can click the preceding link to follow along.
Grab two chapters of our NEW Amazon book FREE...
"Swing Smarter: Science Based Hitting Training Built To Understand How, Why, & Reasoning Behind It"
- Online Baseball Softball Best Software Coaching Apps [VIDEO] - December 28, 2021
- Coaching Youth Baseball Mistakes VIDEO - December 13, 2021
- Online Baseball Private Hitting Coach Virtual Lessons for Beginners Ages 7yo+ - December 10, 2021