Baseball Softball Mental Game Approach Tips To Improve Pitching Hitting Toughness Skills | Coach Program Training Examples, Exercises, & Research
Learn baseball and softball mental game approach tips to improve pitching and hitting toughness skills from Joe Yurko in this part-2 interview. Discover his coach program examples, exercises, and research.
How To Improve Your Mental Game In Baseball Part-2 Interview With Joe Yurko
In this how to improve your mental game in baseball interview with Coach Joe Yurko, we go over a little sports psychology. One of my favorite subjects when it comes to hitting a ball!! This is a Part-2 interview with Joe on our Swing Smarter Hitting Training Podcast. If you missed Part-1, then CLICK HERE.
Here are some of the how to improve your mental game in baseball topics we discussed:
- Review of Joe’s 10 Sports Psychology principles that are a part of his hitting system
- Fear: “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. Ichabod Crane, in the story, he was afraid, but it was his own imagination that caused him to be afraid, there was no Headless Horseman.”
- “These kids were walking around saying, we’re going to face a guy throwing 95 miles an hour. I’m trying to counter that.”
- Conscious Brain: “…your thinking parts, the parts that land rockets on the moon and invent sticky notes and whiteout and things like that.”
- “The moment you said, I don’t care anymore, you just turned your brain on.”
- “He called it the paradox that the upper parts of our brains invent the games that we play… Then the lower parts are the ones that play it.”
CLICK HERE if you want a copy of the Joe Yurko how to improve your mental game in baseball interview transcript in pdf format.
Here are the links Joe mentioned in the article:
Here are some other great mental health, training, and approach posts:
- Youth Game Day Mental Approach Hitting Training for Baseball & Softball Players,
- Mental Approach to Hitting: ‘Failing Forward’,
- Mental Coach Training Program for Baseball and Softball Athletes,
- Dr. Tom Hanson: How to Build Mentally Tough Hitters, and
- Importance Of Top Mental Health Coaching In Sports Performance Training.
Improve your hitting strategy dramatically by applying human movement principles.
Learn not only how and what to train but also the science behind the methods.
- Is Powerchalk The Best Video Analysis Coaching Software For Baseball & Softball? - March 14, 2023
- Turn Vs Push Barrel: Modern MLB Bat Path Drills To Fix Steep Swinging Under Ball Swing - March 14, 2023
- Ideal Line Drive Launch Angles & Ball Exit Speeds For Optimal Distance While Hitting A Baseball Or Softball - March 6, 2023
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!