“You Can Have Average Mechanics and If You Have A Good Approach, You Can Still Be Successful” – Mark Gonzalez Dad Advice on How To Hit a Baseball
In this how to hit a baseball post interview with Mark Gonzalez, aka East Bay Mark – @NorCal_Trojan on Twitter, and inspirational parent coaching his High School Junior hitter, joined me on the Swing Smarter Hitting Training Podcast and here’s what we covered:
- What do you find to be the biggest mistake, one or two mistakes on how to hit a baseball that you see out there?
- Was there an aha moment at some point where you finally said Oh, you know what, I might be over overdoing this being the helicopter parent?
- “You can have average mechanics and if you have a good approach, you can still be successful…”
- Is how to hit a baseball all about hitting dingers and doubles?
- What ever happened to playing Whiffle Ball in the street, and can kids learn anything from video games?
- What things have you guys been doing on the recruiting side?
- “If this college wants a certain type of hitting approach and if that’s the hitting approach you really don’t like well maybe that’s not the school for you…”
- Any other how to hit a baseball parting thoughts that you would give to those parents out there with freshmen, sophomores, juniors in high school, coming from a dad who’s coaching their own kid?
- Where can people find you Coach Mark and powerful BONUS tips???
CLICK HERE to download and save the how to hit a baseball transcript PDF.
Grab two chapters of our NEW Amazon book FREE...
"Swing Smarter: Science Based Hitting Training Built To Understand How, Why, & Reasoning Behind It"