In This Baseball Hitting Video Trick For Longer Drives,
…I analyze one of my young hitters Jarred, comparing his most recent swing to another about six months prior:
- We analyze how consistent he’s being with his Float, Fall, and Fight Position (Landing),
- How his spinal alignment got better, and
- What baseball hitting drill he needs to be working on to clean up his Fight Position.
In the beginning, Jarred was one of those hitters who came in turning and burning on every pitch. Head flying out. Shoulders doing the same. Very inconsistent with his power. Once I got him to realize the swing isn’t all about muscle activation, but about using the forces of gravity to give him a “head-start”, he started seeing the ball rocket off his barrel.
You see, it’s all about technique. Not athleticism. Sure the latter helps. But it doesn’t mean a small hitter can’t out-slug a bigger one…just look at how Andrew McCutchen (5’10”, 190lbs*) beat out Paul Goldschmidt (6’3″, 245lbs*) for the 2013 NL MVP.
For more baseball hitting video trick information, CLICK HERE to watch a four-minute video where Dr. Kelly Starrett reveals a simple Spine Integrity Test you can do with your players right away.
Also, I’d be forever grateful if you SHARE THIS POST to Facebook or Twitter. The more people we can help educate the BETTER! You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel HitPerformLab above. And of course, if you have any questions or comments on this post, please direct them below…thanks for watching!
- How To Increase Hitting Power: Bat Speed And Exit Velocity Exercise Formula For Baseball, Softball, & Slow Pitch Drills | What Is Good Off Tee By Age & Average High School Program - August 8, 2022
- Fernando Tatis Jr. Swing Breakdown: How To Use Legs In Lower Half, Stride, Hip Rotation, And Arm Bar For Baseball & Softball Hitting - August 8, 2022
- Increase Youth Baseball Hitting Power Teach | How To Hit Fastpitch Or Slowpitch Softball Better, Farther, & In Certain Direction | Homerun Batting Tips! - August 8, 2022