In This Baseball Hitting Video Easy Distance PART 2,
We’re going over:
- “Gas Pedal” — Natural, NO Push from Backside,
- “Smooth” — NO Rush (Archer Metaphor), and
- How Far Should the FREE-FALL be? (setting up your feedback markers).
Someone did a video analyzing The Babe’s swing (not up anymore), and what’s amazing is his nearly three-foot long bat almost matches his just under three-in-a-half foot stride length. Also important to note is Babe Ruth’s head moved two-and-a-quarter feet forward before his front heel hit the ground. CLICK HERE to see game footage.
What do you think The Babe would say to those today who shout, “NO head movement!”? When we look at the science and its application, we know this statement doesn’t make sense.
MLB BIG-Boppers who use Forward Momentum
David “Big Papi” Ortiz (9-Time All-Star):
Chris “Crash” Davis (2013, led Big Leagues with 53 hr’s and 138 RBI’s & was an All-Star in 2013):
Bo Jackson when he was with the White Sox (All-Star in 1989):
Here’s one of my college hitters, and his BEFORE (left) & AFTER (right) Forward Momentum:
Other Athletes Who Use Forward Momentum…
Paul Rabil – Lacrosse player with world record’s fastest throw (111 mph, and averages well over 100 mph in games):
Ulf Timmerman – holds the World Shot Put Record using the Glide Technique:
Jan Zelezny – World Record holding male Javelin Thrower:
I hope you learned something from watching the baseball hitting video easy distance part two. CLICK HERE for the Baseball Hitting Video PART-THREE (How-To Make Swing Science Sticky) of a FOUR-Part Series on Explosive Rotational Power.
- How To Increase Hitting Power: Bat Speed And Exit Velocity Exercise Formula For Baseball, Softball, & Slow Pitch Drills | What Is Good Off Tee By Age & Average High School Program - August 8, 2022
- Fernando Tatis Jr. Swing Breakdown: How To Use Legs In Lower Half, Stride, Hip Rotation, And Arm Bar For Baseball & Softball Hitting - August 8, 2022
- Increase Youth Baseball Hitting Power Teach | How To Hit Fastpitch Or Slowpitch Softball Better, Farther, & In Certain Direction | Homerun Batting Tips! - August 8, 2022