One of my readers sent me this Perry Husband video…
Interesting how he compares the impact positions of bunting to the swing.
He mentions some things in this video:
- Bending the arms as a “shock absorber”,
- Bent limbs are “weak”,
- Is he promoting a straight arms at swing impact?
- Stretching rubber bands – “Every muscle in my body is elastic”, and
- Bat speed is not enough, and a hitter needs to couple that bat speed with controlled forward movement.
What are your thoughts on any one of the above points? Please comment in the “Leave a Reply” section below…
I’ve spent 11+ years in the corrective fitness industry, and have too many alphabet-soup certifications to bore you with.I also played four years of Division One baseball at Fresno State from 2000-2003.
It’s NOT how you study, but what you study that counts.I apply human movement principles (or rules), validated by science, to hitting a baseball and softball.
Latest posts by Joey Myers (see all)
- Josh Bell Swing Breakdown - July 18, 2019
- Vlad Guerrero Jr Swing Breakdown - July 8, 2019
- Join 18,070+ Of Your Peers Applying Our Validated By REAL Science Hitting Principles - June 4, 2019