Here’s A Quick Way To Help Hitters Understand Springy Fascia Power…
Most coaches understand the function of bones and muscles in the body, but don’t understand springy fascia, which is:
- A cotton candy or spider webby like material,
- What bones and muscles float in,
- What gives muscles their shape,
- Made up of mostly collagen fibers (and some elastin) – ask the Kardashians,
- To the human body as steel is to the building industry,
- Great at resisting change in shape,
- A material of the body that DOES NOT need much in nutrients (e.g. food) to move like muscles do,
- An injury to connective tissue (springy fascia) can take over 200-days to heal, whereas a muscles can take only 90-days to regenerate,
- Like the bag carrying potatoes you buy at the supermarket, whereas the potatoes represent the bones and muscles.
CLICK HERE for a post we did titled, “4 Tips On How To Train Springy Fascia”. In the above video I use the Thomas Myers Anatomy Trains ‘snapping finger’ test to demonstrate the power of springy fascia.
I’ve spent 11+ years in the corrective fitness industry, and have too many alphabet-soup certifications to bore you with.I also played four years of Division One baseball at Fresno State from 2000-2003.
It’s NOT how you study, but what you study that counts.I apply human movement principles (or rules), validated by science, to hitting a baseball and softball.
Latest posts by Joey Myers (see all)
- Join 18,070+ Of Your Peers Applying Our Validated By REAL Science Hitting Principles - June 4, 2019
- Christian Yelich Swing Analysis - May 23, 2019
- Is “Swinging Down” Okay Since Alex Rodriguez Said So? - May 16, 2019