Mike Trout Hitting Golf Ball: Same As Baseball Swing?
What we go over in this Mike Trout hitting golf ball video:
- “…rear leg is slave to middle of body” quote,
- Shifting foot pressure,
- Catapult Loading System – BIG-3.
Let’s get started…
“…rear leg is slave to middle of body” Quote
As Physicist, Electrical Engineer, and author of The Spinal Engine, Dr. Serge Gracovetsky says the arms and legs ARE NOT necessary for locomotion, they’re an enhancement. When it comes to spinal movement, hitting is basic locomotion. Fact.
Shifting Foot Pressure
A couple recent posts I’ve done complimenting the above video…
- Matt Chapman Swing Analysis,
- Anthony Rendon Swing Analysis, and
- Baseball Swing Drills: Ropebat Shifting Foot Pressure.
Very few are teaching this. This is at the heart of a stable swing. I see a lot of hitters over-rotating their lower half. Back foot heel moving closer to the the plate versus staying far away. When the hitter shifts pressure to pinky side of front foot, we should see them shift back foot pressure to the big toe side. If instead hitter shifts back foot pressure to outside (over-rotates), then hitter is unstable with low half.
Catapult Loading System – BIG-3
Recent posts I’ve done on this topic…
- Francisco Lindor Swing Breakdown,
- Javier Baez Swing Analysis, and
- How To Turn a Beach Towel Into a Hitting Demonstration.
The Big-3 are fundamental to building consistent power in hitters. They’re a combination of using springy fascia and the spinal engine. Responsible for 70-80% of consistent power. Legs contribute only 20-30% to power.
- Baseball Workouts: “Game Day” Guy VIDEO - September 22, 2021
- Mini Wiffle Ball Pitching Machine MaxBP Reviews [VIDEO] - August 23, 2021
- Private Baseball Lessons Near Me Video Interview - August 18, 2021