Small Slugger Hacking Featuring Alex Bregman Hitting Mechanics
What we’re going over in this Alex Bregman hitting mechanics video:
- Sizing up: Jose Altuve, Alex Bregman, Ronald Acuna Jr, and Yordan Alvarez
- Catapult Loading System (CLS) principles: Alex Bregman hitting analysis
- Compare Alex Bregman’s use of principles to Jose Altuve, Yordan Alvarez, & Ronald Acuna Jr.
I don’t agree with using technology to steal signs as these Astros did, but let’s look at their mechanics purely through the lens of mechanics. Look, they still had to hit in 81 games outside of Houston. Instead, consider how sound are they using human movement principles validated by real Science to hitting a ball?
All these guys, excluding Alvarez, are considered small sluggers. They swing a big stick without not a lot of gifted-ness in the size department. How? The following make up the Big-3 of the Catapult Loading System:
- ‘Showing numbers’ also known as ‘Neck Pressure’,
- ‘Downhill shoulder angle’, and
- ‘Hiding hands’ from the pitcher.
There are other Catapult Loading System principles like Hollow, Finger Pressure, One-Joint Rule, etc., but these are the biggest bang for your buck when it comes to building more consistent power. Now, some guys exhibit all of these, or a couple, but the closer to all a hitter can get to, the more power they can generate.
The following free video takes care of #1…
- Mini Wiffle Ball Pitching Machine MaxBP Reviews [VIDEO] - August 23, 2021
- Private Baseball Lessons Near Me Video Interview - August 18, 2021
- Baseball Pitching Training [VIDEO] - July 28, 2021