If You’re Teaching ‘Squish The Bug’, Then You’re OLD
This video is a definitive guide when it comes to WHY ‘squishing the bug’ is an inferior hitting mechanic.
Right now, if you find yourself asking if people STILL teach this, then sadly, the answer is yes.
I ran into one just the other day on the socials. Nothing but pseudo science and circular reasoning. Pretty mind numbing experience actually.
Here’s fair WARNING for the small few out there still teaching hitters to ‘squish the bug’…
If after watching this video, you’re still not convinced, then you’re old.
Consider what Henry Ford once said,
And while we’re at it, look at what Ayn Rand said,
In the above video, we discuss the:
- Experimentation, and
…validating WHY ‘squishing the bug’ is DUMB, and no hitter should ever have to go through something as horrifying as that 😛 lol
Here are the resources mentioned in the video:
- FanGraphs post by Dan Farnsworth titled, “Breaking Down the Swing: Best Hitters of 2012”
- Washington Post post about Bryce Harper titled, “Bryce Harper: A Swing of Beauty”
- CLICK HERE for my ‘squish the bug’ swing experiment
Also, here’s a recent case study post I did on skipping the back foot titled, “How 175-LB 15yo Is Consistently Hitting The Ball 400-FT With…BBCOR & Wood“.
DON’T BE OLD.
- Mini Wiffle Ball Pitching Machine MaxBP Reviews [VIDEO] - August 23, 2021
- Private Baseball Lessons Near Me Video Interview - August 18, 2021
- Baseball Pitching Training [VIDEO] - July 28, 2021