Answered: Your Most Burning Questions About Getting A “Nike Swoosh” Barrel Path
Here’s what I have for you…
I was recently working on smoothing out the barrel path of one of my 15 year old local hitters Liam…
He had what I’ve heard called a Verizon check mark barrel path BEFORE. We worked on smoothing out the check mark into more of a curved Nike Swoosh barrel path.
What’s amazing about Liam’s transformation was that:
- It only took ten days,
- It took two total 30-minute sessions (beginning of session three was when the AFTER video was taken), and
- Liam only had access to the Ropebat during our sessions. After session number-three, his mom went ahead and purchased one for home use.*
*Results aren’t typical. Liam has a primary “feel” learning style, so the Ropebat worked well for him – and not to mention quickly with minimal use.
In the above video, we’ll go over:
- Question a High School coach had for me at 2017 ABCA conference about changing barrel path,
- The Verizon check mark versus Nike Swoosh barrel path, and
- The RopeBat cues I use in conjunction with the “feel” of the Ropebat.
CLICK HERE for the original full Ropebat post I did awhile back that shows the swing drill we used.
I use the Ropebat quite often for my hitters that need to fix the same issue Liam had. It works. You can order the RopeBat at my store TheStartingLineupStore.com by CLICKING HERE, or on Amazon by CLICKING HERE.
I’ve spent 11+ years in the corrective fitness industry, and have too many alphabet-soup certifications to bore you with.I also played four years of Division One baseball at Fresno State from 2000-2003.
It’s NOT how you study, but what you study that counts.I apply human movement principles (or rules), validated by science, to hitting a baseball and softball.
Latest posts by Joey Myers (see all)
- How To Fast-Track Your Hitter’s Pitch Recognition Skills - July 2, 2018
- Who Else Wants To Multiply Hitting Super Learners? [PART-1] - June 20, 2018
- Effective Ways To Strengthen The Swing & Fixing Top-2 Hitting Mechanical Issues - June 14, 2018