Here Are 4 Quick Ways To Fix A Long Casting Barrel…
…One of my favorite hitting demonstrations to do with hitters to help them understand the need to stack the bat’s “belly button” above theirs. A flat bat at landing can cause a few of the following things:
- Hands drop (CLICK HERE to fix this),
- Racing back elbow bat drag (CLICK HERE for a video on how to use Finger Pressure to combat this), or
- A long casting barrel (CLICK HERE for a post that sheds light on how to fix this)…
Since we’re on the subject of drills fixing specific swing dysfunction, CLICK HERE (solution #4) to see the “Flashlight Barrel Angle” drill to fix a flat bat at landing 😉
I’ve spent 11+ years in the corrective fitness industry, and have too many alphabet-soup certifications to bore you with.I also played four years of Division One baseball at Fresno State from 2000-2003.
It’s NOT how you study, but what you study that counts.I apply human movement principles (or rules), validated by science, to hitting a baseball and softball.
Latest posts by Joey Myers (see all)
- Slingshot Your Way To An Effective Barrel Path - February 12, 2019
- Belly Buttons, Center Of Gravity, & Quick Way To Solve A Flat Bat - February 6, 2019
- How To Turn A Beach Towel Into A Hitting Demonstration - January 31, 2019