In This JD Martinez Swing Analysis, Here’s A Method Helping Him Dominate The Plane Of The Pitch…
In this JD Martinez swing analysis, we’ll be answering the following reader questions:
- How much of a dip in swing is too much?
- How can we get the same results from what we see in the cage to the games?
- Drills to keep hitters from dropping hands?
Also, I referenced the Ground-ball rant in the video detailing why I think ground-balls are gross for hitters. Think about this: what would happen to current MLB average ground-ball rates for hitters (currently 46%) if ALL pitchers suddenly started pitching up in the zone, instead of down in the zone?
Below is the video outline and referenced links…
How Much of Dip in Swing is too Much?
- Goldilocks Golden Rule
- Trouble with excessive upper cut
- Controlling Launch Angle Goal: batted ball leaves bat same height as pitch at impact
For the post I referenced in the above video for this section CLICK, “Baseball Batting Drills To Stop Dipping The Back Shoulder”.
How can we get the Same Results from what we see in the Cage to the Games?
- Training principle of Specificity
- Make it harder in the cage
- Post that addresses this
For the post I referenced in the above video for this section please CLICK, “Baseball Batting Cages: How To Transition Practice Into Game Swings”.
Drills to Keep Hitters from Dropping Hands?
- Effective versus ineffective hand path to the ball
- Hands drop drill
For the post I referenced in the above video for this section please CLICK: “STOP ‘Hands Drop'”. Also, here’s Dr. Mark Cheng explaining Reactive Neuromuscular Training (RNT) as “reverse psychology for your body”.
I’ve spent 11+ years in the corrective fitness industry, and have too many alphabet-soup certifications to bore you with.I also played four years of Division One baseball at Fresno State from 2000-2003.
It’s NOT how you study, but what you study that counts.I apply human movement principles (or rules), validated by science, to hitting a baseball and softball.
Latest posts by Joey Myers (see all)
- Overload Bat Training: Hitter Has To Work Butt Off To Resist “Casting” - March 29, 2019
- 5,000 Swing Experiments Validate Locked Out Lead Arm Is Superior To Bent - March 19, 2019
- Teach: How To STOP Hitting Excess Of Ground-balls & Fly-balls - March 14, 2019