In This Baseball Hitting Mechanics Video,
…We’re comparing the “Fight” position of one of my young hitters to Robinson Cano. You’ll discover a little known technical flaw limiting explosive rotational power. Cleaning this up gears the body for a more effective turn.
We’re going over:
- What is an optimal “Fight Position”
- Hitter compensations associated with a bad Fight Position
- How-to get into a good Fight Position
It’s amazing how many flaws happen before the Final Turn evens takes place. I would say 75% of the mechanical breakdown can be solved before the Final Turn takes place. Robinson Cano has such a friction-free swing that it’s critical we copy his pre-turn positioning. He’s one of the most consistently powerful guys in the game, and not very big by today’s standards.
Here’s Robinson Cano in the 2013 home-run derby:
- Youth Hitting Strategy For Converting Best Baseball & Softball Practice Swings Into Games For Beginners - November 22, 2023
- How To Hit A Softball With Power: Modern Swing Science Vs Traditional Batting Myths - October 18, 2023
- Best Youth Grip For Baseball Or Softball Swing Drills Vs Split: Hit More Line Drives - October 4, 2023